DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Cocogen upholds an individual’s data privacy rights and assures that all your personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information (collectively, “Personal Data”), collected and to be collected, are processed in accordance with Republic Act No. of 10173, known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) issued by the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
Cocogen its subsidiaries, affiliates and related parties (collectively referred to as “COCOGEN”, “we”, “us” or “our”) recognizes the importance of your rights as a data subject under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which are:
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to correct
- Right to rectification, erasure or blocking
- Right to damages
- Right to data portability
This Privacy Statement explains how we gather, protect, use, manage and secure your Personal Data necessary to serve you better. Any information you provide to us indicates your express consent to the content of our Privacy Statement.
Personal Data Collection
Vital to our service is the collection of your Personal Data which may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Your name, nationality, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, unique identifiers, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, visual recordings, specimen signature, details and copy of government issued ID and other information as part of our dealings with you;
- Your resume’, reflecting your educational background and employment history when you seek employment with us;
- Your financial background and/or business information when you partnered with us or if necessary in availing our products;
- Information you submitted when you contact our sales or customer relations agents for update of your information; in relation to your inquiries or requests; when you participate to our survey, discount, event information and prize promotion; when you refer a person to verify the information you provided to us; when you visit and connect to our websites and social media pages; and
- Other information necessary to give the needed products and incidental to the main transaction.
When you provide an information other than yours, you certify that you obtained their consent to disclose and process those information about another person.
Use and Sharing of Personal Data
Cocogen uses the Personal Data you submit to us or through our authorized agents, brokers and reinsurers, fairly and lawfully, only to:
- Process and/or renew your insurance application.
- Communicate our latest products, services, promos and events that will enhance your client experience.
- Respond to your needs, inquiries, request and complaints.
- Comply with the law and all legal orders and processes.
- Perform the necessary processes in conducting due diligence and documentation.
- Any other transactions which are normal in the course of business or mandated by law.
We may only share your Personal Data, to the extent that is reasonable and necessary, to:
- Our employees handling your requests.
- Any third-party service providers performing financial, administrative, technical and other ancillary services.
- Government institution and other competent authorities which by law, rules or regulations requires us to disclose.
- Person or entity that we contractually entered with, that ensures the confidentiality standard we implement and adhere to the DPA.
Personal Data Preservation and Protection
We will retain and/or preserve your Personal Data:
- To the extent necessary in keeping track of your records and servicing your policy.
- To the extent agreed upon by the parties to a contract.
- For statistical, research and other purpose specifically authorized by law.
To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information, we have implemented measures to secure and protect it from theft, loss, penetration or breach. We put in place organizational, physical and technical security measures necessary to protect your personal information:
- Use of secured servers, firewalls, encryptions and other latest security tools.
- Limited access to personal information to those duly authorized processors. All transfers are made after complying with the established confidentiality policy and practices in place.
- Maintain a secured server operating environment by performing regular security patch update and server hardening.
Cookies and Related Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of file which originate from a website and transferred to the user’s hard drive to record the user’s browsing activity. Cookies were designed to remember pieces of information that the user are entering in a certain website. Essentially, cookies help you in browsing our Site easier by, among other things, saving your name, addresses, passwords and other preferences for you.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some delay on browsing our website or it will not function properly or may be considerably slower.
For any concerns, request, complaints or queries, you may Contact Us at:
Cocogen Data Protection Officer
Address: Cocogen Insurance, 22nd Floor One Corporate Center, Doña Julia Vargas corner Meralco Avenue, Ortigas 1600 Pasig City, Philippines
Definition Of Terms according to Republic Act 10173 or Data Privacy Act:
*"Personal information" refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
*Sensitive personal information refers to personal information:
1. About an individual's race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
2. About an individual's health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
3. Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
4. Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified
*"Privileged information" refers to any and all forms of data, which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication;