Declaration and Consent
I hereby apply for insurance as set out in the above application form and declare, to the best of my knowledge and belief, that the foregoing statements and particulars are true and complete. I hereby agree to notify Cocogen of any material change in the information as stated above.
I hereby certify that I voluntarily and expressly consent to the collection, processing, sharing, storing of my personal and/or sensitive information by Cocogen for the purpose/s necessary in processing my insurance policy and in any related transactions and/or in other purposes as stated in the Data Privacy Statement of Cocogen or in www.cocogen.com/data-privacy. I hereby certify that I carefully understood the terms above before giving my consent.
We, Cocogen, upholds an individual’s data privacy rights and assures that all your personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information (collectively, “Personal Data”), collected and to be collected, are processed in compliance to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (RA No. 10173 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
Collection of Personal Data: We collect the following personal data from you when you apply for our insurance products and services such as your:
- Name, birth date, place of birth, sex, nationality;
- Address (permanent and present addresses);
- Contract number or information (email address, telephone number and mobile number);
- PhilID or Government ID information (Passport, SSS or GSIS ID, driver’s license, postal ID); and
- Source of funds or property and occupation.
When you provide information other than yours, you undertake that you properly obtained their consent. You also certify that all personal data you submit is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may collect this information when you submit your application personally or through our distribution partners, insurance agents and brokers or when you call us, visit our websites and social media advertisements, submit to us as part your application and claims requirements; and, information that we gather from third-parties such as but not limited to subsidiaries, reinsurers, business partners.
Use: The collected personal data shall be used to process your transactions (e.g. insurance quotations and applications, policy issuance, claims servicing, premium payments); communicate and respond to your request; send your statements billings and notices for your insurance coverage; serve as a reference for promotional information regarding our products; conduct surveys and inform through phone, mail, email, SMS or other communication facility in order to help us take better care of your insurance needs and allow us improve our products and services for you; comply with the directives issued by regulatory bodies; assist the Company in risk management, identity and claim verification and prevent and detect fraud; and, perform any other actions as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract.
We may disclose and share your personal data to the following:
- Our employee handling your account and requests;
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates and third-party service providers performing financial,administrative technical and other ancillary services;
- Banks for bancassurance transactions, reinsurance partners and professional advisers performing due diligence checks;
- Marketing intermediaries, agents, brokers and distributors;
- Government institution and other competent authorities which by law, rules or regulations requires us to disclose.
- Claim investigation companies, loss adjusters, assessors/claims investigators, suppliers, repairers;
- Person or entity that we contractually entered with that ensures the confidentiality standard we implement and adhere to the DPA.
- Any person that fall within matters of public concern, in order to carry out functions of public authority only to the extent of collection and further processing consistent with a constitutionally or statutorily mandated function pertaining to law enforcement, taxation and other regulatory function.
Protection Measures: To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data, we have implemented measures to secure and protect it from theft, loss, penetration or breach. We put in place organizational, physical and technical security measures necessary to protect your personal information. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes of your transactions with the Company, unless a longer period is allowed or required by law. After which physical records shall be disposed of through shredding while digital files shall be anonymized.
Cocogen Data Protection Officer
Address: 22F One Corporate Center,
Doña Julia Vargas Avenue corner
Meralco Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Data Privacy Consent
Important: Section 251 of the Insurance Code, as amended, imposes a fine not exceeding twice the amount claimed and/or imprisonment of 2 years, or both, at the discretion of the court, to any person who presents or causes to be presented any fraudulent claim for the payment of a loss under a contract of insurance, and who fraudulently prepares, makes or subscribes any writing with intent to present or use the same, or to allow it to be presented in support of any claim.